Sunday, May 9, 2010

Changes And A New Home

A New Place...

Change is in the air. Firstly selling our current home, and now on the lookout for a new home to rent a few miles away on Bainbridge Island...

Immediately upon learning that our house had sold, I began to search in many places to find us a new home. I scoured Craigslist, contacted rental agencies, advertised in the local paper... but there has been a dearth of houses... I told Caelin, "not to worry, I've got it under control.., there's a nice house out there for us,, I just know it..."

Well, even the fiercest believers can sometimes feel a little doubt now and again... and that was me, yesterday...

I began to feel nervous and worried, and then came up with a thought, why am I trying to do this on my own? I mean, what what I trying to prove to myself? I cannot control everything...That was when I had an epiphany - to ask for help...!!!

I decided to email a handful of friends that live locally, asking them to contact me if they knew of any rentals that might work for us... There, how hard was that..? It was that simple..., I asked for help... Sometimes, I forget that I don't always have to do things the hard way... , sometimes I try so hard to figure things out that my head and brain ache from too much "figuring things out."

I know from experience when my brain starts to ache, its time to try a different approach.. A cup of Valerian tea and little time in the garden giving myself a little love talk go a long way to feeling better.

Well, the funny thing is that now, after letting go, reaching out and asking for help, I am beginning to feel that the stuck feeling, and inability to find houses has changed, several of you friends emailed me today with possible actions to take or possible rentals... THANK YOU ALL.. for your time and trouble, for your love and kindness.

Interestingly enough, just this afternoon 3 very suitable/big enough sounding houses showed up on Craigslist... So, the energy has shifted folks, things are looking great... All I had to do was shift my energy, and the energy around me shifted.

Lesson learned...

P.S As you can see I've changed the format of my blog, and have re-named it "A Year Of Finding Love." It seems more appropriate as this is what I've committed to and chosen to write about. This is the focus of my journey.

Also, I have added a "Beverly's Pink Saturday" sticker/thingumy jigger (if you click on it, it directs you to her blog. Every Saturday, as often as I can, I will be participating/blogging about something "pink" If you go to her blog, you can read about this fun challenge that quite a few other bloggers are participating in. I love pink and its my daughter Isabella's favorite color. I like the idea of being part of a blogger community and this is my first attempt at putting myself (via my blog) out there... I'm willing to try new things.., perhaps this is the first of many.. Hopefully good ones:)

However, the HEART of my blog, will not change. I HAVE changed, my LIFE has changed, all for the better. Through this blog, I am learning to reach out, to share, to participate, more than I would have ever though possible...

The more I write about love, the stronger I become.

Thank you everyone, for sharing the road on this journey.

Love,
Neinah

2 comments:

Dianne Juhl said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day gift you have given yourself, Neinah! The insights at which you've arrived are priceless.

Also I'm enjoying how you're now expressing your intention for this year's blog as "A Year of Finding Love". Eros, in all the fullness of that word's many meanings, is all around you.

Here's a quote to seed in your blog's "word garden" that you'll be tending this year:

"It is love that fashions us into the fullness of our being — not our looks, not our work, not our wants, not our achievements, not our parents, not our status, not our dreams. These are all the fodder and the filler, the navigating fuels of our lives; but it is love: who we love, how we love, why we love, and that we love which ultimately shapes us." ~Daphne Rose Kingma

I'm staying tuned into this blog so that I can see what blossoms forth.

Hugs,

Dianne Juhl

CC Lord said...

To day, in the shower, I thought if I had a blog like Neinah, I would call it "A Year of Seeking Advice" - I was never good at taking advice (still not, I think). I clearly remember my mom told me to take vitamines, and take care of myself, etc. I never do. I brush away friends' advice because it wasn't want I felt like doing... bad me. Today, starting today, I'm going to listen.
Any advice for me? (Ha, just not to ask me to start a real blog :-))