Monday, April 26, 2010

A little sweet something...



I found this book during a trip into the Pearl District of Portland this weekend. I immediately thought of Isabel, our trip to Paris, and our memorable "Best Hot Chocolate In The World" experience at Angelina's on the Rue de Rivoli...

It was there that we bought a couple of boxes of these delightful little sweet macaroons, (or "macarons" as the french say.)

I just knew that Isabel would love this How- To book by Japanese Pastry Chef Hisako Ogita.

I gave it to her tonight when we got home... and she insisted that we make some .... immediately.. Well, despite my kitchen being pared down to just a few essential tools and dishes, we had enough items to make the macarons...

So far they seem to be turning out as they should, we've made two kinds of cream filler, hazelnut coffee, and Raspberry ripple... We are supposed to wait until the little puff cookies are completely cooled, but Isabel couldn't wait and made herself a raspberry ripple, with "umphhh, yummm," noises, coming from her direction, and "you need to try one Mom.." I'd say they are a success!

1 comment:

CC Lord said...

I want one on May 1st. if any left :-))