Friday, June 4, 2010

A Dream Car...

Do You Have A Dream Car?
Here's a photo of mine... (well almost.)


Pink Studebaker Pickup Truck...

Well, I know it sounds kind of funny, but I just LOVE old cars and trucks from the 50's, with all that chrome, shining and gleaming..., like big,happy grinning faces...  It think of cars and trucks from that era as being "happy cars." Designers back then just went to town on making cars with all kinds of fins, and grills and all kinds of extra chromie bits...  Cars were built for comfort, their shapes curvy and sensual.  So different from most modern designs. 

My  "Dream Car," would be a 1952 - 1956 Chevy or Studebaker pickup truck, all reconditioned, with a flat wooden bed for loading nifty things like... plants, and compost, great buy's from garage sales,,, you know... handy, functional but so 50's peachy keen!!!

The photo above was taken of an abandoned 1952 Studebaker pickup, out in the middle of the prairies of Eastern Oregon... driving down the dirt road, I made CG come to a screeching halt,,, I just had to get
out and take its photo,,, I love the character of these old trucks (I wonder if it could,  what stories it might tell?) 

And hey folks... guess what???  It just so happened... to be PINK!!!  Happy Pink Saturday everyone...

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Hugs,

Neinah


14 comments:

Sherry from Alabama said...

I still regret selling my very first car...a '73 red VW Bug. I put a lot of miles on that little car.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Victoria said...

Gorgeous..she is a beauty!! and yay..happy Pink-S!
Kiki~

Maggie said...

I love love love your find! it's awesome!

Happy PS!

Maggie@
Do These Shoes Match this Purse?

The Old Parsonage said...

So great! And it was just sitting there?!

Love the romance it adds to the truck!

Leann

D. Jean Quarles said...

How funny! Yes, it's pink. Love the look of those oldies.

Anonymous said...

Hello and a very happy Pink Saturday to you!!
Love the car!

It's a very hot summerday in The Netherlands and I'm enjoying all pink posts in the garden! Love Es XX

Char said...

I bet she stops traffic all the time. Someone gave her up and she is a keeper. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Wonderful! Of course anything pink is, ha!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

B i r g i t t a said...

Oh! That must be the car of my uncle's dreams - he always talked about a Studebaker :)

http://foto.rudenius.se/post/2010/06/04/Pink-Saturday-e28093-Barbie-bus.aspx

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

Well, I would say that is so unique and quite fab!! Love those old cars and trucks!

The Artful Diva said...

I wish I had been with you on that trip - I love photos of old cars too!

The Artful Diva said...

Thanks for stopping by my PS post, Neinah. I don't have an Esty shop - one day I'll do that. In the meantime you can see what dolls are available on my website www.patkumicich.com - If you're interested in anything in particular, I think I could send you a Paypal invoice or I take checks.
Pat

JEANNE said...

What a fun photo and the surprise of pink for that vintage truck. Good photo op.
Happy PS.
Hugs, Jeanne

Beverly said...

How absolutely perfect. I am definitely going to share this with my husband.

Happy Pink Saturday, Neinah.