Friday, April 23, 2010

Rejoicing in Spring..

A Bee Buzzes Contentedly On A Mustard Plant...

This weekend finds us in Portland. We are here for Caelin to race - his first of the season...He is VERY happy to be "back in the saddle" as it were.. And I am happy to be down here in Portland, it has one of the best, race tracks I've ever been to. Built within a park and kept very nicely by the city..

Here I find lots of wonderful birds, otters, beavers, bugs and beautiful flowering trees.

I feel the joy of spring everywhere, and found this beautiful poem celebrating spring, by Robert Frost. I have loved his poetry since I was introduced to his poem "After Apple Picking," by my English Literature teacher in High School..


Tomorrow, I will continue to celebrate spring and head to the Portland Farmers Market to thrill in the feast for the eyes..., fruit, vegetables, exotic plants, baked goods, so many gifted growers, farmers and craftspeople, all in one place... I SO love a good farmers market, don't you?

I hope you enjoy this poem.


A prayer In Spring - By Robert Frost

OH, give us pleasure in the flowers today;
And give us not to think so far away
As the uncertain harvest; keep us here
All simply in the springing of the year.

Oh, give us pleasure in the orchard white,
Like nothing else by day, like ghosts by night;
and make us happy in the happy bees,
The swarm dilating round the perfect trees.

and make us happy in the darting bird
That suddenly above the bees is heard,
the meteor that thrusts in with the needle bill,
and off a blossom in mid air stands still.

for this is love and nothing else is love,
To which it is reserved for God above
To sanctify to what far ends he will,
But which it only needs that we fulfill.

No comments: