Friday, March 12, 2010

Little Inspirations..




Guess where I found these perfect little works of art today??? - At our local US Post Office. They are the newest edition of first class stamps, and I LOVE them!

They are miniature versions of some of the most famous art done by the Abstract Expressionist painters during the 1940's and 50's - Jackson Pollack, William de Koonig, Mark Rothko and several other wonderful artists of that era.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE beautiful stamps, they inspire me to write to someone I love.

Sending an old fashioned letter (handwritten and snail-mailed,) decorated with a little piece of art stands out. I always get a little lift when I see something handwritten, hand stamped in the mail box., you know what I mean?

What inspires you to write???


"The function of the artist is to express reality as felt." Robert Motherwell

No comments: