Saturday, July 31, 2010

Its Happening...

We've really missed the birds that would visit our old house...
Daily the feeders would be inundated and emptied.
So, we are starting from scratch trying to attract birds to this new garden.
I thought it might take a while, but I am so happy to report that just putting seed out in a couple of
feeders seems to be doing the trick,,, and its already happening..

This little fellow is always at the feeder...


And here is one of a family of 5 - House sparrows? I think...


Here is a new regular, he lives under the rose hedge, all day long he pops in and out  and under..




I call him "Tufty," (for obvious reasons,) he looks like a mis-colored baby chick!


Peep!



And this fellow is..., well...., a little bit off of his flight path...


He's actually part of the awesome booty I garnered today at a fabulous garage sale (did I mention how much I LOVE to go to garage sales?)  I love the thrill of the hunt, and even if I don't really need anything... thats not the point (I tell CG)... there might be some super dooper thingumy jigger that I didn't know I needed until I spy it for $2.00 under a pile of other thingumy's! (garage sale speak.)

Actually the painting, the huge ceramic bowl and matching platter AND the roadrunner are all signed originals... and I am thrilled to bits with all of them, and they are already situated in the house - or in the case of Roadrunner, in the garden... "bleep-bleep."

3 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I can see why you are thrilled! What wonderful finds, Neinah! And that bird is darling.

I posted today because I'm going to be blogging sporadically due to things going on at the house. Just wanted to let you know.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Victoria said...

What a gorgeous and sweet post..the photos are beautiful amd your little feathered friends dazzle me..such beauties!
Wonderful! magical!!
kiki~

fiberdoodles said...

Happy belated Pink Saturday!!