Monday, December 6, 2010

A Tale From Willows...

Sun dried weeds, rattle and hiss in the wind

Hi folks, I'm back to my blog, back to my friends, back to my writing... Although I miss all of it when I'm "away,"  I've realized that if I'm not really feeling the inspiration, I can't force myself to write about "Finding Love"... everyday...  Even though  most day's I feel gratitude in many ways, I sometimes don't have the creative umphhh to always share it! - such is life...

So, with that being said, this past week found CG and I attending the 25 hour enduro race at Thunderhill race track in Willows, California.  As we began our 13 hour drive there, I began to muse about what we would find there, and then suddenly realized that "Willows"  is THE "Willows" that Cory Amano  of Tongue in Cheek blog writes about often from her home in the South of France... I recommend you view her blog as it is one of the most beautiful I've seen, and most real I've read... Click on the link below if you'd like and check it out...


Willows is out in the country, almost 100 miles from Sacramento.  Its a place of great almond orchards, rice fields, cotton, pumpkins, citrus fruit...  It has a huge bird and wildlife population.  I found myself driving for miles along the backroads, every field seemed to have its own Kite or Buzzard, hovering and diving into the grasses for their lunch.  (I have never visited a place that had so many birds of prey.)

In the flooded rice fields I saw flocks of Trumpeter Swans..

Traveling along one quiet lane, I spied many Western Meadowlarks..


Along this same very quiet lane I came upon an angel wearing binoculars...
I'll fill you in tomorrow...

Hugs,
Neinah

2 comments:

Tongue i said...

Thank you for the tribute to my hometown. There is a wildlife refuge and it is known for the many birds that flock there each year.
Your photos are wonderful, I especially liked the thistle intertwined amongst the barb-wire.
Next time you are there visit my mom's shop. If she knows you are coming she will bake cookies too!

Gillena Cox said...

thanks for sharing

much love
gillena