Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mmmm..The Sweet Smell of Blackberries...

Having revived my love of Jam making a few weeks ago when I made raspberry jam, http://neinahavelin.blogspot.com/2010/08/capturing-taste-of-summer.html (sorry I haven't figured out how to subtly link back to previous posts..., however I put it in in order to create context if you haven't read that specific post on which I'm blethering about...!!!)  anyway... SOOOO....,,,

 I became inspired by  the last of the season blackberries and decided to make seedless blackberry jam, (or jelly as some folks call it.)  In England "Jelly" is something that we make for a child's birthday party, or use in a trifle..., usually very brightly colored, containing gelatin or "Jello" as its known in this part of the world. Anyway, I digress...  Making jam is very satisfying..., and as most of the jars of raspberry jam have already  been eaten or given away as gifts... I set to and made some dark and delicious blackberry jelly...    I had to take some photo's, because I love the color combination of Black and Green, and its not one I see very often...


I love the faded green of the squash, the velvet blackness of the viola's (Viola Sorbet - Black Delight,) and of course the little jars of lustrous purply black jelly.....  its so...., rich...

Do you have favorite color combinations that just make you light up inside when you see them???




No comments: