Sunday, June 6, 2010

Digging Deep...

Back in February I had a "calling" of sorts, to find and document how each day I find something that symbolizes love - for a whole year... When I took this upon myself, I really plunged in with blind faith and trusted that all would work out, all would be well.  Let me say, so as not to worry anyone, all IS still well really.. I am just, well..., shall we say, feeling human.  By the time bed time rolls around, I am sometimes too tired to switch my laptop on and I have to give myself some slack and get time to sleep and replenish energy... There are times, like today when "life" gets in the way of looking for love, and my attention is pulled into outside dramas that have an almost surreal feel to them.

After three months of finding and writing about love, I have come to realize this is a path for a life time, not just a year...  I have experienced a richer, fuller, happier more satisfying life than I ever have before..  though its not always a bed of roses...sometimes, as I am learning... I have to dig in and DIG DEEP... such as today... to find that which for me speaks of LOVE...


This evening I went out into my beloved garden, whilst away for the weekend everyone grew six inches..or went into bloom... just like Papaver Oriental ~ "Queen Alexandra" here, looking radiant with her crepe de chine petals, and mascara smudged interior..


  Or Rosa "Just Joey"  hybrid tea rose from England with its delicious fruity fragrance and heartbreakingly beautiful apricot velvet petals... sighhh...

Oh to be back in my garden where I feel LOVE all around me,,   The air smelled of wet plants and mulch, I could almost hear everything growing, reaching,,, thriving surrounding me... , moving my heart .., bees hummed drunkenly in the flowers...the air charged..., like after a good thunderstorm.. and a family of olive green and yellow "Wilson's Warblers" played hide and seek with me... several times coming within a few feet, flitting and darting, chasing one another, then pausing for just a few seconds to look me over then right as I was ready to take a photo, they would dart a few feet away, chatter to each other (it sounded like  little tinkling chuckles.)  For fifteen minutes we played this game, and I was only able to shoot this one photo of one of the little Dickens... (they're so small and cute.) They made me laugh at their antics, and my fumbling attempts at capturing them in a photo...


My feathered, flowered, buzzing, abundantly beautiful friends turned my day around...
And again, I Found Love...

With love and gratitude for all who read this blog and are willing to join me on this journey..

Thank you...

Hugs,
Neinah

1 comment:

Gillena Cox said...

journeying
in the beauty all around
and finding ther's love


much love
gillena