Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Food is one of life's great pleasure's, don't you agree?  I love this time of year, there's so many luscious fruits and vegetables available now through September.  I always feel like my Spring and Summer menu's are so much more fun, and imaginative.  Although there's not much one needs to do to a bowl of fresh off the farm sugar snap peas, or alpine strawberries, or a beautiful bunch of baby carrots in shades of purple, pink and orange...,  just rinse and crunch! - Heaven:)

I guess for me food and food preparation is mostly fun, I LOVE to try out new recipes, and easily get stifled if I have to make the same old stuff over and over again.  By trying new recipes I get to feed my family and my creativity.

Speaking of culinary creativity, I am really looking forward to this movie coming out in August, not only because its about food, but it stars a couple of my favorite actors, Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci, and directed by Nora Ephron.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXklTRsLui4

I hope that this link works for you, if not, you can just utube Julie and Julia trailer. (this is my first attempt at linking a video - apologies if it doesn't work!)


No comments: