Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Time to wander...

Today I drove across the Hood Canal to the Olympic Peninsula to pick up CG's daughter from her school...She attends a Waldorf school that is also a farm...   I arrived 15 minutes early so had time to wander the farm and take a moment or two to dream...

 I love farms and have long held a desire to be a farmer...  I dream of happy chickens, taking dust-baths, ducks swimming in muddy puddles (and terrorizing any slugs that dare to come near my vegetable and flower beds...)  I dream of having bees that drone happily all season long dancing with the flowers, pollinating blossoms in an orchard full of fruit trees.. Its a beautiful dream...

Bees loading up on pollen from the calendula flowers...

Giant sunflowers bow their heads as if too tired to 
to keep them looking sunward...

Gorgeous orangey red Tithonia - one of my 
favorite summer flowers...

Even though a little blurry, I had to include this sweet 
little marmalade colored friend... he was a little 
reticent about having his photo taken, and made a 
dash for the shadows after I took my shot...

Lost in taking photo's of the flowers, I suddenly caught sight of
my shadow through the camera lens..., I had a moment of
childish delight at seeing my shadow self..., I'm not sure
why...  When I have more time, I think I'd like to 
write more about this..., perhaps a poem, or perhaps a dream???


Do you have dreams ???



1 comment:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a fun day! I enjoyed going on the farm tour with you, Neinah.

Once, years ago, I did a dance in a dance recital to the song, "Me and My Shadow"... I was "me" and my best friend's big sister was my shadow. ;-)

A few nights ago, I had a dream that I had three Min Pins... our two that are deceased and other. It actually made me want to go take a look at puppies, and I fell in love with some TFTs on a website that belongs to a lady in Florida. We always had Toy Fox Terriers when I was little, and they have the best dispositions. I've never known one that wasn't sweet. I am SO tempted. ;-)

Just want you to know I have missed visiting you, and I hope to be back to my visiting schedule soon. Mr. Magpie is better, and I am relieved of my nursing duties. But I have about a month of catch up to do on things around the house. Still, I'm hoping to be visiting again in a week or so.

Have a lovely weekend...

XO,

Sheila :-)