Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rewards For An Early Start...

After dinner last night, I decided to take a stroll out into the garden with my camera.  The light was so soft, creating a silky feel and texture to all the plants and flowers... I wanted to capture the feel.. I needed an inspiring photo or two to help me write my blog later in the evening... 

 I almost always write at night after everyone has been fed, read to, tucked in bed, back rubbed, neck massaged, dinner dishes cleared away...  Then when I have no more nagging thoughts about "what I should be doing, or need to get done," I can clear my mind enough to find something to say...

Out in the garden, camera primed, focused on a beautiful, climbing Rosa "Joseph's Coat," in bloom, my camera suddenly decided to run out of batteries and proceeded to close up shop for the evening! 

So, that was that, and to be quite honest, after taking a hot bubble bath, my body felt like it too had run out of batteries,  and so I decided it was time for me to go to bed... So, my blog did not get written last night as is my ritual, and I went to bed early instead...  

The benefits of calling it an early night are, that I woke bright and refreshed at 5:30 am, and instead of rolling over for a few more Zzzzzzzzzz's.., I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my quiet hour before everyone else awoke...  

I brewed a cup of tea, and grabbed my camera and headed out to the garden to photograph in the soft hazy, morning light...

My little corner of the world is so beautiful at this time... I felt like I was the only one up, till this little fellow Red-Breasted Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus ruber) (above) swooped onto the slender trunk of the silver birch to find his breakfast..  He was very curious about me and between pecking furiously for grubs, would pause and look at me, then continue, then stop and look again..  

I felt rewarded by this morning, the light, the gentleness, the company of the bird..., the peace...

No comments: